Happy Monday office pretties! I (Jill) am excited to introduce you to Office Pretty’s latest fabulous guest blogger, Katie of No More Dixie. Katie and I have been friends since I moved to Denver. I spotted her immediately when I was visiting a new church because of her fabulous indie style. Since then, we’ve bonded over our working experiences in the nonprofit world. I know you’ll just soak up the laid-back, but office-appropriate, summer vibe she so perfectly portrays in this post.
I am, as they say, currently in between jobs, which means I spend a lot of time on the internet. If you’re like me, you understand that time spent job-searching often leads to occasional online shopping breaks. Every girl needs a few items to spruce up her summer and inspire new officewear! So, without further adieu, I present My Summer Wish List (inspired by my desire to lighten up a bit but still look put together at the office).
- Madewell’s Striped Terry Cardigan: so light, easy to layer, and perfect with dark denim on Friday or cropped skinny pants and wedges.
- Speaking of Madewell, I am hoping this pair of wedges miraculously appears on my doorstep. Wedges are generally office-appropriate and work well with most everything, especially my next item.
- Level 99 Tradewinds Trousers (available at Anthropologie). With wedges, a dressy tank and a cardigan, you can easily transition from office to East Coast yachting vacation. Or, you know, just your normal land-locked weekend.
- EmersonMade’s Pocket Skirt in red twill: Summer calls for the infusion of some color to the office wardrobe. For work, pair this with a simple white shirt or with a more tailored blazer to balance out the volume of the pleats.
- I wasn’t joking about color. How lovely is this blazer from Zara? Clean lines, dressy, and yet very simple. Use this blazer as a more tailored alternative to the open drape cardigan.
More fantastic summer wish list finds from Katie — all under $50! — after the jump.
Thank you for dreaming along with me! And now back to reality… Here are more summer items all under $50.
- The Patch Pocket cardigan from LOFT ($34.99): It’s basic, but in the summer I always keep a cardigan in my bag for when the office air conditioning kicks into freeze-out mode.
- Square Dance Flats from Francesca’s Collections ($38) in tan: Delicate but not too delicate, and easily worn in other seasons.
- Madewell’s Stamped Stripe Tunic ($48): So French and crisp. I imagine myself wearing this while catching up on my work correspondence and having my coffee. And maybe a chocolate croissant.
- The Always on My Mind Dress by Ruche ($42.99): I’ve been eyeing this dress for weeks! With a cardigan and flats, this dress is easily summer office wardrobe-worthy and equally weekend-wearable.
- Zara flowered blouse ($49.90): Just the right mix of conservative and fun. This blouse could also look fantastic with a cinch belt.
- And last but not least, the Craving Curry in a Hurry skirt by Mod Cloth ($32.99): The high-waist style automatically makes you look more put together, and no one has to know how little effort it took. Less effort = key for summer.
Happy summer shopping season!
- Katie, No More Dixie