At one time or another, we all face the nightmare morning. You know, the morning when you’re scheduled to be in meeting in ten minutes but you live 15 minutes from the office and are still standing in your room in your skivvies, with half of your closet strewn across your bed, thoroughly wet hair and you’re completely caffeine-free. What could possibly make this morning more stressful? A diaper blowout on your six-month old baby.
Clearly, it’s hard enough to get ourselves ready for work. So, getting two people ready for work — particularly if the other one cannot walk or talk or go to the restroom / get dressed / bathe independently — is often overwhelming (or so we’ve heard from some of our favorite Office Pretty moms). That’s why we are sharing quick and easy makeup products that are perfect for moms and all gals on the run.
With the help of some Office Pretty makeup lovers, we’ve narrowed our list to five daily products (and one secret weapon).
- Tinted moisturizer. It’s easy to apply with just your hands, is healthy for your skin (because it moisturizes and protects against the sun) and offers light coverage to even the tone of your skin and hide blemishes. Our favorites = Laura Mercier and Bobby Brown (both available oil-free).
- Bronzer or brightening powder. Bronzer, or another skin-brightening product, is easier to apply than blush. It’s more forgiving. You can fairly freely apply it to your cheeks, chin and brow in order to brighten your face. Apply it anywhere the sun would naturally kiss you. Our favorites = Trish McEvoy All Over Highlighter and Nars bronzed.
- Creme shadow. Creme shadow is great because it requires no brush. Simply dab some on your finger and then lightly coat your eyelid (at a stoplight or at your desk). Our favorite = MAC Paints (no creases!).
- Mascara. Add impact to your eyes with a good tube of mascara. Our favorites = tried and true Maybelline Great Lash and Lancome High Definition.
- Lip tint. Lip tint can be applied throughout the day to add moisture and a bit of color to your lips. Our favorites = Laura Mercier Hydratint (SPF 15) and Chantecaille Lip Chic.
*Secret weapon alert* Secret brightener from Laura Mercier. Perfect for when you haven’t slept all week, this highlighter pen (again, no brush needed) brightens dark circles under the eyes. Trish McEvoy also has this correct and brighten pen that “instantly banishes signs of fatigue.”