Laura and Jill are public policy communications consultants by day and pro shoppers by night. In a nutshell, we are nerds who like fashion.
We started this blog for two simple reasons: 1. To leverage our online shopping [procrastination] skills. 2. Because our coworkers and friends are always asking us: how does this look on me? or can I wear that with this? and what should I wear to _____?
We believe that…
A trip to Nordstrom over a lunch break can remedy any client meeting disaster.
Buying clothes to wear to work is an investment—and it pays dividends by earning credibility and boosting professionalism.
Quality should be prioritized over quantity.
How a garment fits trumps the power of any brand label.
We are so happy that you’ve stumbled upon this blog and hope you’ll subscribe, comment and even send questions our way (office pretty [at] gmail.com) so we can post things that are interesting and helpful to you.
From time to time, we also ask our friends, co-workers, favorite bloggers, and fashion professionals to blog as a guest. Recent guests posts include:
- Making Vintage Jewelry Work for You by Elizabeth Brown of Posies & Plume blog
- My Summer Wish List by Denverite Katie Creedon
- Office Hot by Floridian Courtney Reynolds
- An Intentional Fall by Omaha-based social media consultant Brit Hanson
- A Lesson in Posture by Pilates instructor Robin Long, founder of The Balanced Life